Lung Health Foundation’s Respiratory Health Forum
Call for Abstracts
Deadline: July 7, 2023
We’re inviting those working in innovative, evidence-based primary-care or community care programs and initiatives related to lung health to submit an expression of interest to present a virtual and interactive presentation at the Lung Health Foundation’s Respiratory Health Forum on October 12, 2023. The audience is primary and community care healthcare professionals from across Canada.
Preference will be given to those presenting on the realities of primary care and day-to-day ways you’re addressing the needs of patients with lung disease.
Submissions will be reviewed by the planning committee. All applicants will be contacted by August with the status of their application.
While you’re welcome to submit for any topic related to lung health, attendees have expressed interest in learning about:
- What does the person-centered approach look like for people living with lung disease in your practice or in your setting?
- Greatest system barriers facing quality care for people living with severe asthma and/or COPD and their providers (e.g., access to spirometry, pulmonary rehab availability, retention rates, funding challenges within integrated care models)
- Bang for buck approaches: How to maximize your appointment? How to offer quality programs on small budgets? How to identify funding opportunities to support healthcare initiatives?
- COPD Guideline Update – what does it mean for integrated care?
- Post Covid-19 Management
- Respiratory Medication update/pharmacological interventions across rare OR common lung disease
- Severe asthma and oral corticosteroids
- Considerations of cardiac disease in people living with COPD
- Smoking, E-Cigarette, and Vaping addiction – the role of primary care in cessation
- Innovations in diagnosis and treatment of Lung Cancer
- Immunization recommendations for people with chronic lung disease
- Policy maker or Decision maker to speak on their jurisdictions roles/responsibilities and commitment to Lung Health
- Topics in health equity for lung health in your setting
- Realities of vaping and cannabis use on children and young adults – what are you seeing in your practice?
If you have any questions, please contact Gloria Alfred at email@example.com
About the Respiratory Health Forum
This year’s Respiratory Health Forum will take place on October 12, 2023. Supported by the Ontario Ministry of Health’s asthma and COPD program, the Respiratory Health Forum is an accredited annual event bringing together primary care and community care healthcare professionals from across Canada to learn and network.