2021-2022 Research Grants
Thank you for your interest in our research funding opportunities!
We’ve launched TWO opportunities in June 2021:
- Second* call for Breathing as One Health Disciplines Training Bursary award
- Breathing Breakthrough Challenge award call
We’ve also made the process more streamlined and straightforward to help make it easy for you to apply! We’re looking forward to your applications.
- Interested parties should register their intent to apply by requesting the application package from Natalie Bennett, OTS/ORCS Coordinator, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Disciplines Training Bursary:
- Tues June 8, 2021 – Launch
- Tues June 29, 2021 by noon EST – Registration/Request for application package deadline
- Thurs July 8, 2021 by 4:00pm EST – Full applications due
- August to September 2021 – Health Disciplines Training Bursary awards announcement
We realize this is a quick turnaround – we’ve made it VERY straightforward to get funding to support 1. Presentation of your research and/or 2. Your development of research competencies through training
Breathing Breakthrough Challenge:
- Fri June 11, 2021 – Launch
- Thurs July 22, 2021 by noon EST – Registration/Request for application package deadline
- Thurs Sept 9, 2021 by 4:00pm EST – Full applications due
- Week of Sept 20, 2021 – Review Committee meeting
- Week of Sept 27, 2021 – Finalists notified
- October 2021 – Finalist videos recorded and launched. Promotion for online public voting begins.
- November 2021 – Breathing Breakthrough Challenge award announcement
Breathing as One Awards
Health Disciplines Training Bursary Award – Registration Closed!
- Focus of these awards is to support health discipline professionals in presenting research at national and international conferences and/or to participate in training opportunities to build research skills
- Research must be within an area of Lung Health Foundation’s strategic priorities of asthma, COPD, lung cancer, health promotion and prevention (specifically immunization, smoking/vaping prevention or cessation)
- Maximum of up to one $2500 award per Ontario-based university/ institution
- Open only to those in the Health Disciplines
- Complete Guidelines available here
- Register by June 29, 2021 by requesting your application package via email@example.com.
- Submit final application by July 8, 2021 (registrants will receive the application link with the application package)
Breathing Breakthrough Challenge Award – Open!
- Annual $50,000 award inviting researchers to submit their best ideas in addressing gaps and critical needs in lung health
- Applications will be considered for research proposals that are directly relevant to human respiratory medicine in the areas of asthma, COPD or lung cancer. This must be original Implementation Science, tools, apps, processes, surveys, patient resources, clinical practice projects/improvements, et cetera that will make a distinct and positive contribution in the areas of patient education, clinical care support, adherence, quality of life and the overall improvement of outcomes in the field of respiratory disease (specific to asthma, COPD or lung cancer).
- Peer review process, followed by a secondary review of shortlisted finalists
- Review panel consisting of patients and thought cross-sectoral leaders
- Public engagement element featuring online voting
- Strong PR and awareness potential
- Platform to demonstrate impact and inspire further investments
- Complete Guidelines available here
- Register by noon EST July 22, 2021 by requesting your application package and submitting your abstract via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit final application by 4pm EST September 9, 2021 (registrants will receive the application link with the application package)