Welcome to the 2020 Respiratory Health Forum
The Respiratory Health Forum (RHF) is an annual event funded by the Ministry of Health, Asthma and COPD Program. It is an opportunity for primary healthcare professionals in Ontario to learn and network with other FHTs, CHCs and other multidisciplinary settings.
It’s an excellent opportunity to participate in a range of innovative sessions headed by leading medical professionals to learn about new approaches to lung health, get updates on new respiratory guidelines, and participate in interactive workshops. This year, in response to COVID-19, we will be hosting the forum virtually in the fall to address site interests and needs.
Expression of Interest to Present a Topic
Please submit an expression of interest if you would like to present a talk or workshop for RHF 2020.
Program Topics (examples)
- Innovations in Respiratory Care During the Pandemic – Lessons learned, Highlights
- Severe Asthma – Patient perspectives on treatment (including biologics), management and resources available
- Pediatric asthma – Primary care management
- Lung Cancer and relevance to primary care
- Vaping in Youth – Cessation approach and strategies
- Asthma COPD Overlap
- Asthma Action Plans – How to navigate the yellow-zone
- Present relevant, practical and innovative information for primary care
- The workshops will be virtual and hosted “Live.” There will be chance to engage with audience members via virtual platform
- 30 minutes to one hour in length
- The deadline for submission of the Expression of Interest is July 16, 2020
- The RHF is proposed for Fall 2020
- Presentations will be chosen by the RHF Planning Committee